An English teacher based in London. Continually striving to design my lessons in new, interesting and inspiring ways.

Pinterest: The Tool of the Future!


We have all heard the term: what type of learner are you? Do you fit the visual, auditory or kinaesthetic type? I myself am most definitely a visual learner, and using Pinterest has been one of the most valuable methods at my disposal. Not only is it fantastic for saving ideas, but it is a network of resources! I am a strong advocate for technology, in and out of the classroom, and I am so excited to see where Pinterest takes me with my teaching. Below are a few tips I have picked up on from scouring this amazing website:

  • As a cool and interesting starter link it to social media, this could include; writing a character's Facebook status; creating an Instagram post- this is a starter I complete this very afternoon below
  • Have a rewind button in your lesson, what would you have done differently previously in the lesson if you had known what you know now? This is really effective for showing progress in a lesson observation!
  • If annotating or reading through important information get creative and stick it onto a big white table cloth- you can buy these from Pound land! So cheap, yet so inspiring!
  • What has Stuck with you this Week? Go mad with Post-it notes! Get students to write something that has really made an impression upon you this week in our lesson. I feel it is so important to show student feedback, in any way, around the classroom! It is not only decorative, but motivational for the students.
  • Have an end of the day jar! If like me you have a very energetic, frantic tutor group at the end of a very long day at school, it is so important to keep them occupied with things so it does not end up sounding like a football match in a very large stadium.
  • Plenaries are very important! A great idea for any subject is to use the 3 2 1 method- list 3 things you remember from the lesson, give 2 examples of things you have learnt and write 1 question you have after our lesson.
  • In terms of behaviour management, something which I am definitely still building on, you can give students a Redo Slip- this is a small slip which you can give to students, who you can see warnings are not working on, and it states the consequences of their behaviour in writing and forces them to realise the penalty that their behaviour will cause. It makes them think.
I hope this has helped, I am constantly looking out for new and exciting things on Pinterest, so keep checking back for more interesting and engaging ways to design your lessons!
 
 
 
 
 
 

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template